Miranda is married to Second Lieutenant Damon Watson (U.S. Army) and they have one son. Miranda is the daughter of Christine Joseph and the granddaughter of Matthew and Ruby Joseph. Miranda’s grandfather served in the Korean and Vietnam Wars. She has three sisters. She was born and raised in Enterprise, Alabama. She is a member of Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church.
Miranda is a member of the Institute of Management Accountants and the Institute of Internal Auditors. She graduated from Enterprise High School with honors. She received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She also received her Master of Business Administration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Miranda has over eight years of experience in the banking, public accounting, tax, and auditing industries combined. She is a Certified Internal Auditor and certified in risk management.
She has served in various roles including:
- Internal Auditor: audited various banking departments; ensuring controls where in place to identify and manage risk
- External Auditor: audited numerous financial institutions within the State of Alabama
- Staff Accountant: kept accurate financial records for individuals and businesses
- Tax Accountant: prepared individual, corporate, partnership, & fiduciary tax returns
- Teller: Processed a variety of financial transactions; managed & balanced cash drawers
Miranda believes in open and honest government by and for the people and improving the accountability to the taxpayers of the State of Alabama. Miranda seeks to move the State forward by continuously improving the effectiveness and efficiency of State operations. She believes in an open door policy.